Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Honeynana cinammon oatmeal- a quick, easy and nutritious toddler breakfast

My daughter Esmé (16 months) loves this oatmeal, I make it at least once or twice a week as a breakfast staple. When you have a toddler I find breakfast time quite tricky. I'm always a bit scatter brained in the mornings and it's nice to have a few go to recipes that I know will leave my daughter full and provide her with a healthy breakfast. Ingredients Either one packet of instant oatmeal (plain) Or half a cup of oatmeal cooked according to instruction in the microwave. 1 banana, gently mashed with 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Gently fold the banana mixture into the oatmeal until fully incorporated. Occasionally I will add a spoonful of fresh blueberries or even 4-5 chopped grapes. You could try your toddlers favourite fruit to try and entice them. I find that the mushy banana makes the oatmeal more palatable for my daughter, she also enjoys this served at room temperature and will eat much more when the mixture has cooled significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment